Mission of the Cedar Hill Food Pantry
The mission of the Cedar Hill Baptist Food Pantry is to share Christ's love by providing free supplemental food to those in our community who struggle to make ends meet. Our goal is to serve the people in our community who are struggling financially in a way that preserves their dignity. Please Contact the Church Administrative Asst. should you have questions on this program at the number located in the upper right hand corner of this page.
A primary target group are the young children in our school system. We work with and through the school system to support those children in need of nutritious meals. To provide a confidential environment that respects an individual’s privacy and acknowledges how difficult it is to ask for assistance. To empower people to be self-sufficient as quickly as possible without placing additional stress on them. To participate in the community in a way that teaches empathy, encourages respect and nurtures compassion. Although the Food Pantry is administered by the Cedar Hill Baptist church it places no restrictions on those that use the Pantry nor requires any religious affiliation.
Background (Campbell County Tennessee)
- The Cumberland Plateau section of Campbell County is part of the massive Appalachian coalfield that dominates much of Central Appalachia, and thus the Jellico section of the county has more in common economically with southeastern Kentucky and West Virginia, whereas the southern parts of the county economically resemble East Tennessee. The coal seams near Jellico produced a slow-burning bituminous coal that helped make Campbell County Tennessee's largest coal-producing county in the early 20th century. Unfortunately as the country moved away from coal this also became the reason for the poverty and poor living conditions for many.
- As of the census of 2000, there were 39,854 people, 16,125 households, and 11,577 families residing in the county. The racial makeup of the county was 98.13% White, 0.30% Black or African American, 0.31% Native American, 0.16% Asian, 0.04% Pacific Islander, 0.16% from other races, and 0.91% from two or more races. 0.67% of the population were Hispanic or Latino of any race.
- The median income for a household in the county was $25,285, and the median income for a family was $30,197. Males had a median income of $26,762 versus $19,138 for females. The per capita income for the county was $13,301. About 18.40% of families and 22.80% of the population were below the poverty line, including 32.00% of those under age 18 and 17.70% of those age 65 or over.
Background (Cedar Hill Baptist Church Food Panty)
- The Food Pantry is an outreach program of the Cedar Hill Baptist Church located in LaFollette Tn. The church has been in existence in the community for over 100 years.
- Location- 636 Demory Road
- LaFollette Tn 37766
- Phone 423-562-9318
- Food Pantry Board
Food Pantry Needs - Dry
|Flour Self Rising
Salt and Pepper
Macaroni and Cheese
Jelly and Jam
Pork and Beans
Soups and Stews
|Medium and small boxes
Requirements for Participation
- Proof of Address
- Only one shopper per household/address
- Personal ID shown to the person at each visit
- Provide estimate of Annual Income
- Limit of one visit per month due to the large demand on the Food Pantry
- Patrons from the following areas will be eligible to receive food
- 37766 La Follette
- 37757 Jacksboro
- 37714 Caryville