A volunteer at the Cedar Hill Baptist Church is an individual who, beyond the confines of paid employment and normal responsibilities, contributes time and service to assist the staff of Cedar Hill Baptist Church in accomplishment of the Church's mission.
The mission of Cedar Hill Baptist Church is to provide an environment to:
- Praise and worship the Lord Jesus Christ
- Promote God's Plan of Salvation by practicing discipleship
- Sponsor evangelistic efforts by proactively demonstrating God's love through self service for missions and families
In order to be effective in this mission and to maintain a high quality of service, Cedar Hill Baptist Church has established the following volunteer policies. The details oft hese policies will be discussed at the orientation training of all new volunteers.
To, be considered for volunteer service with Cedar Hill Baptist Church an individual must:
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Be willing to submit to a background check by law enforcement
- Complete an application
- Volunteers are to treat others in a Christian manner, with dignity and respect.
- Volunteers may reference any questions to the Outreach and Education Minister. Volunteers are to perform assigned tasks in a safe and responsibie manner.
Conduct not permitted and subjecting the volunteer to immediate suspension or termination dependent upon severity will include, but is not limited to the following:
- Failure to comply with Cedar Hill Baptist Church constitution and by-laws or the general expectations as explained to each volunteer during orientation.
- Disclosing any church member information.
- Reporting to assignment under the influence of alcohol.
- Reporting to assignment under the influence of a controlled substance other than a drug prescribed for you by your physician.
- Possession, sale, or distribution of unauthorized drugs.
- Possessing a firearm or weapon while on Cedar Hill Baptist Church property or on duty.
- Theft or improper use of Cedar Hill Baptist Church funds, property, or equipment.
- Falsifying records.
- Inappropriate behavior with the children.